Here are the steps that an occupant of a home should take, before and during an Elliott & Associates radon test. Following these guidelines are important to insure test accuracy.
- Keep entire house closed for 12 hours prior to the start of this test – use of exterior doors for normal entry and exit is allowed.
- Keep all windows, doors and other openings to the outside closed during the testing period – use of exterior doors for normal entry and exit is allowed.
- Tamper evident seals may be installed on all windows, non-essential doors and ventilation devices. These should not be tampered with.
- Do not change the testing environment in any way, including but not limited to, opening windows, leaving doors open, changing thermostat or fan settings or cause outside air to be induced into the home.
- Operation of mechanical systems that draw air out of building may adversely affect the test results.
- Location of any test device(s) should not be changed.
- Report to Elliott & Associates any circumstances or events that may cause the conditions outlined above to be violated in any way or manner, and any circumstance that may have an influence of the testing conditions or results.
- If any of these guidelines are not followed and the test results appear to be incorrect, a re-test may be required.